BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Full restore problems.

2012-11-22 18:12:18
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Full restore problems.
From: "Michael Stowe" <mstowe AT chicago.us.mensa DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 16:45:46 -0600
> Hi
>
> This is the second time around for restore problems. I need to do a full
> restore and am having problems building the tar file. I am no longer
> willing to fool with the command line method. I spent days trying to get
> things to work. I don't have time to fiddle with it any more. I find the
> instructions vague.

This really defies logic and reason; frankly, I'm pretty sure that if
"type these things" is vague at the command line, I'd have absolutely no
ability to walk you through what to click on, especially without seeing
your screen.

In either case, it would be difficult to avoid some *nix basics or
troubleshooting, like the ability to identify directories or look at logs.

Perhaps somebody will consider this an interesting challenge, like trying
to restore systems while wearing a blindfold or without a keyboard, but to
me it really seems to convey an artificial unwillingness to actually try
known solutions.  For all I know you're simply out of space, but you'd
have to be willing to actually look.