BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] On/off again Internal Server Error 500

2011-11-02 10:04:23
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] On/off again Internal Server Error 500
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 10:02:57 -0400
On 11/01 01:46 , umiwangu wrote:
> Normally, Backuppc runs well, doing backups and is accessible via the web
> interface, but sometimes, it gives an error page, Internal Server Error 500.
> It says to look in the server log to find more info, but I'm really not sure
> how to do it. I think it's running via Apache2? The error does seem to crop
> up more when the computer is doing a backup. Perhaps this is the problem?

Apache2 logs are usually found in /var/log/apache2; tho it varies depending
on the Linux distribution. You can find them by looking at the config files
in /etc/apache2 (tho I haven't touched a Fedora/Red Hat machine in years so
I don't know if they still use /etc/httpd instead of /etc/apache2).

If you recursively (-r) grep for 'Log' in all the files under /etc/apache2,
like so:

cd /etc/apache2
grep -r Log *

you will likely turn up some directives specifying where log files go.

Likely, there will be an ErrorLog directive that denotes where the errors
should be recorded. Look at that file using the 'grep', 'less', and 'tail'
tools. (For instance, if you want to see the last 30 lines of it, do 'tail
-n 30 /var/log/apache2/error.log').

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator