BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Tar exited with error 65280 () status

2011-11-02 10:08:31
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Tar exited with error 65280 () status
From: Steve <leperas AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 10:07:15 -0400
I've accidentally changed universal backup settings instead of an
individual machine before when adding a new machine...I'd check that
first.  The new machine works fine but some other starts messing up
because it was using the old default setting which I messed up...
evets

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 9:57 AM, Joe Konecny <jkonecny AT rmtohio DOT com> wrote:
> I know people are tired of talking about this error from the responses I've
> seen on google
> when researching it but it cropped up for me now.
>
> I have been running successfully for quite some time under Ubuntu 11.04 and
> BackupPC 3.1.0.
> I back up an Ubuntu 11.04 server (named r4p17).
>
> Yesterday I added a windows client to using cygwin-rsync per the
> documentation.  The backup
> worked fine.  I changed nothing on r4p17 and nothing on the backuppc server
> configuration.
> Today I received an email...
>
> The following hosts had an error that is probably caused by a
> misconfiguration.  Please fix these hosts:
>   - 10.0.0.8 (No files dumped for share /)
>
> Regards,
> PC Backup Genie
>
> ...and the error in the log is...
>
> Running: /usr/bin/ssh -q -x -n -l root 10.0.0.8 env LC_ALL=C /bin/tar -c -v
> -f - -C / --totals --exclude=./sys
> --exclude=./proc .
> full backup started for directory /
> Xfer PIDs are now 9123,9122
> Tar exited with error 65280 () status
> tarExtract: Done: 0 errors, 0 filesExist, 0 sizeExist, 0 sizeExistComp, 0
> filesTotal, 0 sizeTotal
> Got fatal error during xfer (No files dumped for share /)
> Backup aborted (No files dumped for share /)
> Not saving this as a partial backup since it has fewer files than the prior
> one (got 0 and 0 files versus 0)
>
> ...I'm not sure how adding a windows client affected backing up r4p17 and I'm
> not totally sure that is the
> reason but I am suspicious.  Can anyone lend some insight on what to check?

"The universe is probably littered with the one-planet graves of
cultures which made the sensible economic decision that there's no
good reason to go into space--each discovered, studied, and remembered
by the ones who made the irrational decision." - Randall Munroe