BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] On/off again Internal Server Error 500

2011-11-01 23:03:44
Subject: [BackupPC-users] On/off again Internal Server Error 500
From: umiwangu <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 01:46:20 -0700
I'm pretty new to this whole thing, as I've inherited a system already put in
place. The IT manager before implemented Backuppc running on Ubuntu 10.04 and
then left pretty suddenly. I've been trying to learn it along the way, but I am
running into some problems (I'm much more used to Windows/Mac OS).

Normally, Backuppc runs well, doing backups and is accessible via the web
interface, but sometimes, it gives an error page, Internal Server Error 500. It
says to look in the server log to find more info, but I'm really not sure how
to do it. I think it's running via Apache2? The error does seem to crop up more
when the computer is doing a backup. Perhaps this is the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Seth