BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME after virtualizing

2011-11-02 08:07:03
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME after virtualizing
From: SSzretter <sszretter AT hotmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 08:05:40 -0400
No, the physical machine has been powered down.   Also, the virtual machine works fine in all other ways - I can for example remote desktop to it using it's netbios name, connect to it's shares using it's netbios name, etc.

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 9:25 AM, SSzretter  wrote:
> So I created a virtual machine from a physical machine that was being backed
> up by backuppc.   It's a Windows Server 2003 domain computer.    It works
> fine in general, has the same ip as before.
> The problem is, for the last week, backuppc has not been backing it up, with
> a status of "NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME".
> I have rebooted the backuppc machine, the vm several times and even removed
> and re-joined the server to the domain, no difference.
> Any ideas?

Is the physical machine still on the network with the same netbios
name - or was it when you booted the VM?  Netbios doesn't allow
duplicate names on the network.