BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] first "full" never completes

2011-09-03 15:25:39
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] first "full" never completes
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 21:23:32 +0200
Hi,

Les Mikesell wrote on 2011-09-02 16:46:34 -0500 [Re: [BackupPC-users] first
"full" never completes]:
> On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 4:38 PM,  <hansbkk AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
> >
> > Or is the message "link host-name" in my log when running "_dump
> > -v" manually indicate a hardlinkng problem kicking in **after** the pc
> > filesystem's already been created?
>
> I think the fact that the link step isn't completing is your real
> problem, but I still don't know why.  If you get that far it should
> work or tell you why in the logs.

just in case this hasn't been cleared up somewhere else in this huge thread:

the "link host-name" message is simply BackupPC_dump's way of telling the
BackupPC daemon that BackupPC_link needs to be run for host-name, nothing
more. Normally, the daemon starts BackupPC_dump and reads its stdout. If you
run BackupPC_dump manually, the message just pops up on your terminal without
effect. Just ignore it.

Regards,
Holger