BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] first "full" never completes

2011-09-02 17:39:47
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] first "full" never completes
From: hansbkk AT gmail DOT com
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 04:38:45 +0700
On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 4:27 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
I mean try to create a hardlink between a file under the pc directory
to under the cpool directory.

Backuppc does approximately the same test at startup but in perl and
you may not see the real error message.

Does the drive in question have a filesystem that handles hard links?

Everything is ext3, currently all in one filesystem, and as I said, as soon as I chown/chgrp'd the topdir the start script ran without an error.

So the hardlink error I got was due to the install routine setting the owner to root, probably because the backuppc user was already there.

And it's all a red-herring, as the hardlink error message only came in after I wiped and re-installed, never an issue in the original setup AFAIK.

Or is the message "link host-name" in my log when running "_dump -v" manually indicate a hardlinkng problem kicking in **after** the pc filesystem's already been created?