BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] first "full" never completes

2011-09-02 16:39:35
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] first "full" never completes
From: hansbkk AT gmail DOT com
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 03:38:02 +0700
On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 3:32 AM, <hansbkk AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
If you do this before the install, everything should land in the right
place and get the right permissions.   The critical things are that
the pool/cpool/pc directories must all be in the same filesystem so
hardlinks can work

Just to confirm yes these are all in the same filesystem - in fact the whole testing install is in one ext3 partition.

And I'm thinking of running through the install again, this time as you suggest with my desired mounts in place rather than moving them after the fact.

But that leads me to still want to know what permissions (chmod/chown/chgrp) should be on the mount points and/or their targets?

You can tell I'm not fully ofay on this *nix stuff just yet. . .

And if I want to wipe the log and pc folders between test runs, should I recreate the empty folders and then reset permissions, or just let BackupPC do it - which I assume it would do correctly?