BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] first "full" never completes

2011-09-02 15:12:45
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] first "full" never completes
From: hansbkk AT gmail DOT com
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 02:10:55 +0700
I just ran the _dump script manually again, this time fully deleting everything under TOPDIR except the pool directories and with the -v verbose option.

The ending of the process was the same, except for a "link host_name" just before the end aborted message.

I'm thinking maybe a permissions issue?

I haven't been able to find in the docs a listing of what the permissions are supposed to be, and as a *nix noob, I may very well have screwed things up in that area messing around. I believe I set everything from TOPDIR down as owned by user backuppc and group www-data.

I'd appreciate a pointer to how it's supposed to be, and in the meantime will try a complete uninstall and re-install (moving my conf and pool data elsewhere first) and see how that goes. . .

--------------------
Running 3.1.0, installed via synaptic on Ubuntu 11.04.

After spending a lot of time refining my excludes, thinking windows open
files were preventing a successful full backup completing, I tried making
the whole target one very small and static directory tree with the same
result.

There isn't anything indicating a problem in the logs, other than "Backup
aborted" at the end, just before the "saved as a partial backup" message and
after "DeltaGet phase 0 and phase 1".

I've enabled rsync's log but it just lists the files, no errors. Similar
results when running the _dump script manually.

Any ideas? Happy to provide further details if it helps track things down, I
suspect everything's actually backing up, but would like to get the "dot on
the i" from the status page.

Another issue, I'm sure unrelated, is that I can only access the /backuppc
web admin interface from the BPC server's console (as localhost), not over
the network - I confirmed that the apache.conf contents were included in the
global conf.

Thanks in advance. . .