BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] first "full" never completes

2011-09-02 15:48:35
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] first "full" never completes
From: hansbkk AT gmail DOT com
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 02:47:11 +0700
On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 2:23 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
The ubuntu package should have set everything up correctly.   You
didn't change TOPDIR or mount something underneath it after the
install, did you?

8-)

Of course I did Les, precisely as outlined in the post crossed in the mail just now.

I don't have anything else under the TOPDIR, other than keeping a few of my own scripts in the conf directory.

A related factor as I mentioned, I've been "wiping and starting over" with different levels of log verbosity while troubleshooting, letting BPC re-create the logs and pc folders, leaving the pools in place so all the stuff doesn't actually have to be transfered over the wire all over again.

I monitor the process with two "watch consoles", one doing a du on the pc folder, the other filtering lsof for the backuppc user, and a CPU activity monitor showing rsync kicking off on the win client, and everything goes through just fine, for a while (while I was tweaking all my excludes on the system drive) it was filling in some of the previously uncaptured files but the last half-dozen runs have come in with the same filecount and du size every time.

It just never actually says the full was completed.