BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC Basics

2011-03-18 09:24:12
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC Basics
From: Joe Konecny <jkonecny AT rmtohio DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 09:22:05 -0400
On 3/18/2011 5:00 AM, hansbkk AT gmail DOT com wrote:
> People answering question that have been already been answered
> thousands of times are doing nothing but wasting time and bandwidth -
> not just their's but everyone else's who participates in that
> list/forum.

This isn't valid.  With today's pipes bandwidth isn't a concern as
far as forums go.  I realize this is a mailing list and not a
forum but you can probably read the archives if it bothers you.  One
could argue that the more (quality) traffic we have the better.  I stand
by my assertion if you want a product to succeed than it is better
to relentlessly answer questions.  If I had a product I was trying
to sell, I assure you that is what I would do.  We don't want to
chase away users.  Then development stops.