BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC Basics

2011-03-18 13:00:03
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC Basics
From: Joe Konecny <jkonecny AT rmtohio DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 12:57:55 -0400
On 3/18/2011 12:46 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> You do understand that the author of the program has a day job, don't
> you (as the CEO of a large company...)?

Sure and that is why the users and members of this list should help each other.
...and I'm not the CEO...  just the lowly MIS Director.  I tell everyone here
that I am just a machine operator.  My machine is the computer system.

>>> If someone won't read the docs or google for existing solutions, how
>>> much else can you do?  But I think if you look through the list archives
>>> you'll see answers where the questions are specific enough to actually
>>> have an answer and common enough that someone else knows it.
>>
>> You point them to the locations and even paragraphs of docs to read.  Maybe
>> even post snippets of docs.
>
> Anyone can participate here.  Show us how it should be done.

All I'm saying is that we should help newbies (like me) and not run
them off.  It encourages the use of the product and further development
of the product.