Amanda-Users

Re: Using amrecover - strange happenings

2005-09-30 00:37:32
Subject: Re: Using amrecover - strange happenings
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 00:29:24 -0400
On Thursday 29 September 2005 23:01, Steve H wrote:
>Gene,
>   Yes, the index file does exist, and I have two good backups to
> attempt to restore from.  However, in checking the Index files, I
> noticed that the actual files had a different date on them (august 5th)
> while all the directories have august 11th.  This is bothering me
> because that shouldn't happen.  Would Amanda backup only the
> directories if the tape becomes full?  Either way, I have the tape from
> August 5th, and when I do a Setdate 2005-05-08, everything shows up in
> the index file as it should.  I just can't restore files from
> it...directories work great...LOL.
>
>Any help is greatly apprecaited Gene,
>Steve

Can you read the tape with dd & tar + gunzip according to the
instructions in the first block of every file?

I'm hitting the sack now, dunno who's still up, Steve. Jon's been
known to be a night owl too.

Right now I'm half disgusted, my less than a year old, only a 100 pack
of cd's thru it, LiteOn dvd/cdr burner just went toes up.  The
cheaper they get, the cheaper they are...

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
message by Gene Heskett are: