Amanda-Users

Using amrecover - strange happenings

2005-09-29 19:55:06
Subject: Using amrecover - strange happenings
From: Steve H <big_dog_steve AT yahoo DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 16:42:24 -0700 (PDT)
Guys,

   I would appreciate some help with this one, as it's freaking me out.  I have
been getting backups for a while now of a particular host and file system.  I
have tested the recovery before and it worked great.
   This time, I put the necessary tape in, and run amrecover and it will only
restore the directories.  The files will not restore, and I keep getting the
error:

./laptopBackups/Documents and Settings/My Documents/
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 2
Continue [?/Y/n]?

so I started looking at the actual index for that and their are no files listed
in the index, only directories.

I started checking the dates, and it seems like the directories have been
backed up, and they all have the same date of backup, but the actual documents
have a different date.  It's like they were backed up once, but never got
backed up again.

Does this have to do with the tape rotation?  what am I missing?  I have the
tape that lists the documents, and it even lists them when I browse the tape
with amrecover, but I can't extract them, I get the error above.

Please help,
Steve

http://mail.yahoo.com