Amanda-Users

Re: Using amrecover - strange happenings

2005-09-29 21:33:09
Subject: Re: Using amrecover - strange happenings
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 21:27:52 -0400
On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 06:08:23PM -0600, Vera wrote:
> I do not remember exactly what was a reason for this error, but I saw it
> before :-)

I'm going to sound just like Vera :(

I recall having a similar problem a couple of years ago.  It was one of
two scenarios (I think).  Either I was trying a different version of tar
or I was trying the cygwin version of amanda.  It might have been both,
because I recall one thing I had to do to get the cygwin version working
was download and compile 1.13.25 gnutar under cygwin.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)