Amanda-Users

Re: Using amrecover - strange happenings

2005-09-29 23:04:09
Subject: Re: Using amrecover - strange happenings
From: Steve H <big_dog_steve AT yahoo DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 20:01:51 -0700 (PDT)
Gene,
   Yes, the index file does exist, and I have two good backups to attempt to
restore from.  However, in checking the Index files, I noticed that the actual
files had a different date on them (august 5th) while all the directories have
august 11th.  This is bothering me because that shouldn't happen.  Would Amanda
backup only the directories if the tape becomes full?  Either way, I have the
tape from August 5th, and when I do a Setdate 2005-05-08, everything shows up
in the index file as it should.  I just can't restore files from
it...directories work great...LOL.

Any help is greatly apprecaited Gene,
Steve

Yahoo! for Good