Amanda-Users

Re: Using amrecover - strange happenings

2005-09-30 21:34:13
Subject: Re: Using amrecover - strange happenings
From: Steve H <big_dog_steve AT yahoo DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 15:43:41 -0700 (PDT)
Ok, new error.  I was going to use dd to get the image off, and try to restore
it in other ways.  Unfortunately, that didn't work, I received this error:

[root@hostname restore]# dd conv=noerror if=/dev/nst0 bs=32 skip=1
of=./restoreimage
dd: warning: working around lseek kernel bug for file (/dev/nst0)
  of mt_type=0x72 -- see <sys/mtio.h> for the list of types
dd: reading `/dev/nst0': Cannot allocate memory
0+0 records in
0+0 records out

I can't seem to win at this no matter how I try.  Any Ideas?

Steve

http://mail.yahoo.com