Amanda-Users

Re: Using amrecover - strange happenings

2005-09-30 21:08:08
Subject: Re: Using amrecover - strange happenings
From: Steve H <big_dog_steve AT yahoo DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 16:55:31 -0700 (PDT)
I have tried to restore other disks on that tape, and other tapes now.  I can
use amrestore to pull files off the tape, but for some reason, when I try to
use restore on those files, it throws the error "tape is not a dump tape".  Any
idea what is causing this?

Also, I keep getting expected EOF while trying to use dd to pull the image off
the tape.  If this is infact on the tape, how could it have gotten there?  I
need to completely reconfigure my backup stragety, and I would like to ensure
it is correct.

thanks,
Steve

http://mail.yahoo.com