Amanda-Users

Re: finding which Amanda run will run tonight

2005-03-02 05:13:32
Subject: Re: finding which Amanda run will run tonight
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 11:04:23 +0100
ddaasd wrote:
How can I find which run from the runspercycle will amanda run tonight?

For example: runpercycle=5. On Monday is the first run, Thuesday is the second and so on. On Friday should be la last Amanda run from that cycle. But if Amanda skips one night (error, intentional or something else) that night doesn't count and for example on Friday can be the 4th run instead of 5th from its cycle and on Monday the last (the 5^th ).
I hope I made myself clear.
How can I find this?

From the report? Amanda mails you which tape was written to?

Also "amcheck" will check if the correct tape is in the drive.
I run "amcheck -wm daily" from cron a few hours before leaving office,
and amanda will send me a mail if something is wrong, like forgetting
to switch the tapes.