Amanda-Users

Re: finding which Amanda run will run tonight

2005-03-02 11:29:00
Subject: Re: finding which Amanda run will run tonight
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 11:14:44 -0500
On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 10:33:47AM +0100, ddaasd wrote:
> Hi all,
> How can I find which run from the runspercycle will amanda run tonight?
>
> For example: runpercycle=5. On Monday is the first run, Thuesday is the
> second and so on. On Friday  should be la last Amanda run from that
> cycle. But if Amanda skips one night (error, intentional or something
> else) that night doesn't count and for example on Friday can be the 4th
> run instead of 5th from its cycle and on Monday the last (the 5^th ).
> I hope I made myself clear.
> How can I find this?

I don't think the question is a valid one.

Which run, within the runspercycle, depends on which DLE you consider.

Each DLE will receive its Level 0 according to when amanda finds it
most appropriate for its own planning and scheduling.  Consider the
situation on Friday for these three hypothetical DLEs, A, B, and C.

  DLE   Dump Level On
         M T W T F
   A     0 1 1 2
   B     1 1 0 1
   C     2 0 1 1

For A, I would say it is run 5.  For B it is run 3 and C is run 4.

BTW don't be fooled by your Tuesday's run of all level 0's.  Amanda must
start with level 0's but will eventually spread them over different days.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)