Amanda-Users

Re: finding which Amanda run will run tonight

2005-03-02 05:26:39
Subject: Re: finding which Amanda run will run tonight
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 05:15:44 -0500
On Wednesday 02 March 2005 04:33, ddaasd wrote:
>Hi all,
>How can I find which run from the runspercycle will amanda run
> tonight?
>
>For example: runpercycle=5. On Monday is the first run, Thuesday is
> the second and so on. On Friday  should be la last Amanda run from
> that cycle. But if Amanda skips one night (error, intentional or
> something else) that night doesn't count and for example on Friday
> can be the 4th run instead of 5th from its cycle and on Monday the
> last (the 5^th ). I hope I made myself clear.
>How can I find this?

If cron tried to run amanda, but failed due to a missing tape, thats
still counted against the runspercycle I believe.  If it was ever
started, that wouldn't count, but amanda does keep track of the dates
and will know that some catchup is going to be needed, possibly
overrunning the tapes capacity for the next several runs.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: