Amanda-Users

Re: finding which Amanda run will run tonight

2005-03-02 07:06:30
Subject: Re: finding which Amanda run will run tonight
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: ddaasd <ddaasd AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 12:42:44 +0100
ddaasd wrote:
I want to start the cycle on Monday. I want only on Monday to change the

tapes and I want to know that in a cycle I have the backups for one week from Monday till Friday. If one day a dump can not be performed can I then run amdump 2 times to catch amanda?

If amanda had to skip a day, it will try to catch up anyway.
Amanda will schedule anything it can to catch up.  But if in that case
you need more than one tape, amanda will have to postpone some dumps.

Setting "runtapes 2" in that case, lets amanda catch up in one single run too.