Amanda-Users

Re: driver: result time 0.022 from taper: TAPE-ERROR [not an amanda tape]

2004-04-30 10:52:00
Subject: Re: driver: result time 0.022 from taper: TAPE-ERROR [not an amanda tape]
From: "James D. Freels" <freelsjd AT ornl DOT gov>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:49:18 -0400
Whoa !  Now I am going back to relabel my tapes.  I have issued the
amlabel command and receive a

rewinding, reading label, not an amanda tape
rewinding, writing label fea01
amlabel: writing label: Input/output error

Could I have a hard ware error of some kind ?  I just rebooted the
system to make sure it was not that.  Just yesterday I labeled 25 tapes
!!

--
James D. Freels, Ph.D.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory