Amanda-Users

Re: driver: result time 0.022 from taper: TAPE-ERROR [not an amanda tape]

2004-04-30 11:19:51
Subject: Re: driver: result time 0.022 from taper: TAPE-ERROR [not an amanda tape]
From: "James D. Freels" <freelsjd AT ornl DOT gov>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:15:49 -0400
Now I had to use another tape in the sequence.

the 2st "mt -f /dev/st0" before amcheck or amflush:

drive type = Generic SCSI-2 tape
drive status = 637534720
sense key error = 0
residue count = 0
file number = 0
block number = 0
Tape block size 512 bytes. Density code 0x26 (unknown).
Soft error count since last status=0
General status bits on (41010000):
 BOT ONLINE IM_REP_EN

the 2nd "mt -f /dev/st0" after the amcheck

drive type = Generic SCSI-2 tape
drive status = 637534720
sense key error = 0
residue count = 0
file number = 0
block number = 0
Tape block size 512 bytes. Density code 0x26 (unknown).
Soft error count since last status=0
General status bits on (41010000):
 BOT ONLINE IM_REP_EN

the 3rd "mt -f /dev/st0" after the amflush (also did an mt rewind)

drive type = Generic SCSI-2 tape
drive status = 637534720
sense key error = 0
residue count = 0
file number = 0
block number = 0
Tape block size 512 bytes. Density code 0x26 (unknown).
Soft error count since last status=0
General status bits on (41010000):
 BOT ONLINE IM_REP_EN

So, all is the same it appears.  I was hoping you had something here.

If it were a scsi error, I don't think the clean tapes would recognize
the label.  The label is not recognized after the amflush.

The tape drive has compression on according to the tapetype.  Could this
be the cause somehow  ?

--
James D. Freels, Ph.D.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory