Amanda-Users

Re: driver: result time 0.022 from taper: TAPE-ERROR [not an amanda tape]

2004-04-30 11:00:20
Subject: Re: driver: result time 0.022 from taper: TAPE-ERROR [not an amanda tape]
From: "James D. Freels" <freelsjd AT ornl DOT gov>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:57:23 -0400
OK.  Stranger by the minute.  I removed the first tape (01) and set it
up to use the second tape(02).  I issued a "amcheck fea" and it said my
second tape was OK and that I should be able to backup.  I then issued
an amflush and it came back with an error.  I then rewind the tape with
"mt rewind", turn around and issue another amcheck fea, and the tape has
an error on it.  So, the amflush and/or amdump process is writing
something to the tape that causes it to not be usable after that point.

Is this sounding like a scsi error or some type ?

--
James D. Freels, Ph.D.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory