Amanda-Users

Re: NT backup

2003-12-23 14:47:40
Subject: Re: NT backup
From: David Wolfskill <david AT egation DOT com>
To: jessica blackburn <jblackburn AT hirzel DOT com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 11:44:20 -0800
On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 02:07:07PM -0500, jessica blackburn wrote:

> i got the samba working so i can talk with the ms box.  now i'm trying
> to get the amanda win32 working to try and backup the system.  i am
> connecting to the MS box but i am getting an error that i can't seem to
> figure out when i'm running amcheck.
>

> -bash-2.05b$ /usr/sbin/amcheck DailySet1
> Amanda Tape Server Host Check
> Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
> --------------------------------
> ERROR: NAK hccdevelop03: execute access to
> "/usr/amanda/libexec/selfcheck" denied
> Client check: 2 hosts checked in 0.135 seconds, 1 problem found

> the directory setup on the MS machine does not contain anything called
> selfcheck.

This, I believe, is the root of the above-reported problem.

> do i need this here or should it be running from my linux
> machine?  also, on my MS maching i do not have a folder under usr called
> lib.  again is this a problem.

Well, if you want the MS box's "selfcheck" to work, you do need a
nominally-functional "selfcheck" on that box.  It (selfcheck) is
not necessary for the backups themselves to work, though.

> Thanks for all the help.  I'm just getting started with this and i tend
> to get stuck A LOT!!!

The MS/win32 stuff tends to be a lot more confusing than more reasonable
system are.  :-}

Peace,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill                                 david AT egation DOT com