Amanda-Users

Re: NT backup

2003-12-23 14:11:08
Subject: Re: NT backup
From: jessica blackburn <jblackburn AT hirzel DOT com>
To: gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net
Date: 23 Dec 2003 14:07:07 -0500
hello again!

i got the samba working so i can talk with the ms box.  now i'm trying
to get the amanda win32 working to try and backup the system.  i am
connecting to the MS box but i am getting an error that i can't seem to
figure out when i'm running amcheck.

-bash-2.05b$ /usr/sbin/amcheck DailySet1
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /var/tmp: 28918452 KB disk space available, that's plenty
amcheck-server: slot 4: date 20031205 label DailySet103 (exact label
match)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Tape DailySet103 label ok
Server check took 0.320 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
ERROR: NAK hccdevelop03: execute access to
"/usr/amanda/libexec/selfcheck" denied
Client check: 2 hosts checked in 0.135 seconds, 1 problem found

the directory setup on the MS machine does not contain anything called
selfcheck.  do i need this here or should it be running from my linux
machine?  also, on my MS maching i do not have a folder under usr called
lib.  again is this a problem.

Thanks for all the help.  I'm just getting started with this and i tend
to get stuck A LOT!!!

jess