Amanda-Users

Re: Problem configuring amanda before compiling

2003-11-11 05:45:23
Subject: Re: Problem configuring amanda before compiling
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: "Dana Bourgeois" <em-lists AT netgods DOT us>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 05:42:53 -0500
On Tuesday 11 November 2003 00:36, Dana Bourgeois wrote:
>Answered my own question once I had time to dig a little.
>
>You need to have the readline-devel rpm installed as well as the
> readline rpm.
>
>No one came forward about the QIC tape warning but I will know after
> I configure the disk 'tapes' and run an amdump if it's a problem.

If you don't actually have a QIC drive, they can be ignored.  Its an
option to turn on when compiling a new kernel IIRC.

The problem finder isn't amdump per sei, but amcheck, which will scan
the system and check the install, reporting warnings (which can be
ignoored, and errors that will stop the amdump.  Errors must be
fixed.

>Dana Bourgeois

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M