Amanda-Users

Re: Network recovery with changer

2003-11-10 18:43:21
Subject: Re: Network recovery with changer
From: Stephen Walton <stephen.walton AT csun DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 15:39:22 -0800
On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 09:44, Paul Bijnens wrote:
> Stephen Walton wrote:
>

> > I'm guessing from the responses I'm getting that no one else on the list
> > is even trying to use a changer directly from amrecover?
>
> Which version are you using?

I was using 2.4.4p1 but after your message I gave the November 7
snapshot a try.  I suppose it fixes the problem of the lack of an
'amrecover_check_header' line in my amanda.conf.  However, it still
doesn't seem to work for me.

I'm sure I'm being extraordinarily stupid here, but once more:  my
amanda.conf has the lines:

tpchanger "chg-scsi"    # the tape-changer glue script
tapedev "0"
changerfile "/etc/opt/amanda/daily/chg-scsi-compaq.conf"
amrecover_changer "/dev/nst0"

Which of these lines has to change, and what settape command in
amrecover do I use, in order to get amrecover to use the changer?  The
amanda manpage notwithstanding, "settape /dev/nst0" with the above setup
does not work.

--
Stephen Walton <stephen.walton AT csun DOT edu>
Dept. of Physics & Astronomy, Cal State Northridge