Amanda-Users

Re: Network recovery with changer

2003-11-10 18:57:50
Subject: Re: Network recovery with changer
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 00:55:30 +0100
Paul Bijnens wrote:
Stephen Walton wrote:

I was using 2.4.4p1 but after your message I gave the November 7
snapshot a try.  I suppose it fixes the problem of the lack of an
'amrecover_check_header' line in my amanda.conf.  However, it still
doesn't seem to work for me.

I'm sure I'm being extraordinarily stupid here, but once more:  my
amanda.conf has the lines:

tpchanger "chg-scsi"    # the tape-changer glue script
tapedev "0"

And I have my tapedev commented out too.

changerfile "/etc/opt/amanda/daily/chg-scsi-compaq.conf"
amrecover_changer "/dev/nst0"

That should be:

amrecover_changer "chg_scsi"

And than maybe you need to specify in amrecover "settape chg_scsi".

It works for my pseudo changer "chg_multi" with the file driver.
I don't have a real changer.

--
Paul @ Home