Amanda-Users

Re: Network recovery with changer

2003-11-10 12:18:46
Subject: Re: Network recovery with changer
From: Stephen Walton <stephen.walton AT csun DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 09:16:53 -0800
On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 21:37, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> I don't think anyone said [tape and changer] had to be the same.
> Changer is (should be) /dev/sgX.
> Tape is (should be) /dev/nstX
>
> When it asks for changer try sg, when it asks for tape try nst.

I think I did this.  There is no 'setchanger' command in amrecover.  The
manual page for amanda says that, if the argument to the settape command
in amrecover is the same as the value in amrecover_changer in
amanda.conf file, then amrecover will use the changer.  I have now tried
setting amrecover_changer to "/dev/nst0", "/dev/sg3", and "0" in
amanda.conf, the last being the same as what changerdev is set to.  None
of these work.

I'm guessing from the responses I'm getting that no one else on the list
is even trying to use a changer directly from amrecover?  I know a lot
of you have changers;  is everyone else simply manually using amtape to
load the appropriate tape?  I suppose if you have multiple changer
cartridges this is a low priority item, since you probably have to swap
cartridges to do a restore anyway.  But what about those of you with
robots?
--
Stephen Walton <stephen.walton AT csun DOT edu>
Dept. of Physics & Astronomy, Cal State Northridge