Amanda-Users

Re: Network recovery with changer

2003-11-11 07:22:09
Subject: Re: Network recovery with changer
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martinea AT iro.umontreal DOT ca>
To: Stephen Walton <stephen.walton AT csun DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 07:20:08 -0500
On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 03:39:22PM -0800, Stephen Walton wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 09:44, Paul Bijnens wrote:
> > Stephen Walton wrote:
> >

> > > I'm guessing from the responses I'm getting that no one else on the list
> > > is even trying to use a changer directly from amrecover?
> >
> > Which version are you using?
>
> I was using 2.4.4p1 but after your message I gave the November 7
> snapshot a try.  I suppose it fixes the problem of the lack of an
> 'amrecover_check_header' line in my amanda.conf.  However, it still
> doesn't seem to work for me.
>
> I'm sure I'm being extraordinarily stupid here, but once more:  my
> amanda.conf has the lines:
>
> tpchanger "chg-scsi"    # the tape-changer glue script
> tapedev "0"
> changerfile "/etc/opt/amanda/daily/chg-scsi-compaq.conf"
> amrecover_changer "/dev/nst0"
>
> Which of these lines has to change, and what settape command in
> amrecover do I use, in order to get amrecover to use the changer?  The
> amanda manpage notwithstanding, "settape /dev/nst0" with the above setup
> does not work.

Hi Stephen,

>From amanda man page:
       amrecover_changer "string"
              Default: ''.  Amrecover will use the changer if you use 'settape
              <STRING>'  and  that string is the same as the amrecover_changer
              setting.

>From amrecover man page:
       settape [[server]:][tapedev|default]
              If  you  want amrecover to use your changer, the tapedev must be
              equal to the amrecover_changer setting on the server.

You can use any string for amrecover_changer, but you must use the same string
for the settape command in amrecover.

Could you provide your amidxtaped.<timestamp>.debug file?

Jean-Louis
--
Jean-Louis Martineau             email: martineau AT iro.umontreal DOT ca
Département IRO, Université de Montréal