Amanda-Users

Re: Network recovery with changer

2003-11-10 12:45:16
Subject: Re: Network recovery with changer
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Stephen Walton <stephen.walton AT csun DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 18:44:10 +0100
Stephen Walton wrote:

I'm guessing from the responses I'm getting that no one else on the list
is even trying to use a changer directly from amrecover?  I know a lot
of you have changers;  is everyone else simply manually using amtape to
load the appropriate tape?  I suppose if you have multiple changer
cartridges this is a low priority item, since you probably have to swap
cartridges to do a restore anyway.  But what about those of you with
robots?

Which version are you using? There was a bug in 2.4.4p1 that was fixed in the snapshot beginning July (and all later snapshots)

As a workaround you need to specify the "amrecover_check_label yes" in
your config file.

See:

with patch: