Amanda-Users

Re: Network recovery with changer

2003-11-07 16:29:52
Subject: Re: Network recovery with changer
From: Stephen Walton <stephen.walton AT csun DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 13:27:28 -0800
On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 09:33, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 09:22:49AM -0800, Stephen Walton wrote:
> >
> > what exactly do I put
> > in amanda.conf to have amrecover automatically change to the correct
> > tape?
>
> Did you check the amanda man page?
>
>      amrecover_changer "string"

Thanks for the response, Jon. It turns out that both questions I asked
(why was amrecover failing and how to get it to work with the changer)
are related.  I found by experiment that I have to "settape /dev/nst0"
in amrecover before it will work, and then also manually load the tape
amrecover says it needs.

I do know of the amrecover_changer parameter, and it is set to
"/dev/nst0"in my amanda.conf, but amrecover still does not change
tapes.  The relevant lines from my configuration are

tpchanger "chg-scsi"
tapedev 0
changerfile "/etc/opt/amanda/daily/chg-scsi-compaq.conf"
amrecover_changer "/dev/nst0"

This does not work with amrecover but I'm unable to find a combination
which does.
--
Stephen Walton <stephen.walton AT csun DOT edu>
Dept. of Physics & Astronomy, Cal State Northridge