Amanda-Users

Re: Network recovery with changer

2003-11-10 00:11:12
Subject: Re: Network recovery with changer
From: Stephen Walton <stephen.walton AT csun DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 21:07:36 -0800
On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 16:15, Gene Heskett wrote:

> Stephen Walton wrote:
> >I do know of the amrecover_changer parameter, and it is set to
> >"/dev/nst0"in my amanda.conf,..
>
> I believe thats the wrong device, should it not be /dev/sgX?,

No.  Good idea, but if I set amrecover_changer to /dev/sg3, "settape
/dev/sg3" in amrecover, it tries to read /dev/sg3 as if it was a tape
drive.  "0" is what changerdev is set to, corresponding to the first
device listed in chg-scsi.conf.  This doesn't work either.

Anyone else gotten this to work?

--
Stephen Walton <stephen.walton AT csun DOT edu>
Dept. of Physics & Astronomy, CSU Northridge