Amanda-Users

Re: win32

2002-09-17 16:16:07
Subject: Re: win32
From: "prismdude AT earthlink DOT net" <prismdude AT earthlink DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 15:58:26 -0400
--- In amanda-users@y..., JC Simonetti <simonetti@e...> wrote:

<snip>

> Well... You're right, I got the actual state of the Sourceforge
project and did not touch to anything to the sources. Everything goes
well.
> For your bugs :
> 1. selfcheck bug is not a bug, it's just that selfcheck is not
provided in the Win32 version. If you are suck with the amcheck
errors, do the same thing as me : "selfcheck.c : int main() {return
0;}", and if you are lazy compiling such a thing, I've attached it
here.
> 2. sendsize crash ? Well... Er... Er... Er... Where ??? I've had
some problems with sendsize, but it corrected itself with the
"-udp=10080 -no-exit" parameters to the amandad.exe program. I did not
examine precisely the source code but the "-no-exit" seems to be very
important...

> What I've done with this project? Well... Just got it from
Sourceforge and installed it on W2K boxes: what I've done is installed
it as a WinNT service. I am running it with an Amanda 2.4.3b2 server
on a Linux box, and no errors reported yet (1,5 Go backed up every
night). Not checked with omre recent versions.

> Jean-Christian SIMONETTI      email: simonetti@e...
> SysAdmin Wanadoo Portails     phone: (+33)493004911
> Sophia Antipolis, France

Are you SURE there are no errors?  I tested this yesterday.  It
appears that sendbackup only logs the errors tothe debug file in
/tmp/amanda.  Also, each sendbackup process overwrites this file.

It also appears that this doesn`t support excludes.  Amandad reports
the standard exclude list path, but I couldn,t get it to work.

You previously mentioned that amanda maps the archive bit to the UNIX
execute bit.  It is actually the win32 tar that does this.  I believe
Samba also doed this to help preserve the Windows permissions.

This appears to be early alpha quality software, not ready for
production.  Unfortunately, it also appears to be abandoned :-(

Bruce Osborne

http://mail2web.com/ .