Amanda-Users

Re: win32

2002-09-12 03:52:34
Subject: Re: win32
From: JC Simonetti <simonetti AT echo DOT fr>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:35:57 +0200
On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 12:02:09 -0400 (EDT)
Samuel Nicolary <sam AT nicolary DOT org> wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Galen Johnson wrote:
>
> > Hello gang,
> >
> > A while back I had sent a request regarding backing up windows machines
> > without having to deal with samba.  Someone had responded with the win32
> > Amanda client on sourceforge.  I have looked it up and it seems like
> > it'll do what I want.  However, it hasn't been touched in 18 months.  Is
> > anyone currently using this with Amanda 2.4.3.b4?
>
> I downloaded this package but have been unable to get it to work - anyone
> using it successfully?

Well... I was a bit tricky but I managed to make this work with Amanda 2.4.3b2
and W2K clients (not NT4). The major problems in fact were to transform this
slight piece of code into a W2K Service (to make it work even if you have not
an Administrator account always opened) (quite a bit tricky to to find
information at Microsoft's). Another problem was due to the Windows flag
"archive" that seems to be read by Amanda exactly like the Unix "executable"
flag.
Now I am backuping some W2K servers, in production. Everything goes well :)

Jean-Christian SIMONETTI      email: simonetti AT echo DOT fr
SysAdmin Wanadoo Portails     phone: (+33)493004911
Sophia Antipolis, France