Amanda-Users

Re: win32

2002-09-20 08:20:28
Subject: Re: win32
From: "Jim Buttafuoco" <jim AT contactbda DOT com>
To: Brian Jonnes <brian AT init.co DOT za>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 08:07:20 -0400
Brian,

Tried that,  but there is alot of UNIXism in amanda.  I did go the cygwin route
a couple of years ago.  It kind of
worked.  I am currently rewriting the whole client side in perl.  To get it to
work you just have to download
ActiveState perl and my script, that's it.  I am also looking at using this
perl code to backup UNIX/Linux plus any
other type of systems (ie. OSX) that supports perl.

Should have some code for people to look at early next week.

Jim