Amanda-Users

Re: win32

2002-09-12 12:44:55
Subject: Re: win32
From: Galen Johnson <gjohnson AT trantor DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 12:23:25 -0400
JC Simonetti wrote:

amrecover is possible. You extract the tarball archive on your backup server
and upload it to the Windows box, and there you untar it with the WinTar
provided with Win32 Amanda (different of course from the GNU tar, due to NT
file rights...).

amrestore is possible, but I don't like the ability of the client to log in as
root without password on the backup server, so I tested the solution but did
not put it in production. amrestore is also helped by a GUI written in Python
(need to install a Python interpreter on your Windows box, easy way but not so
easy to automatically deploy).

Have you, or will you, put the changes out for others?

Will be done. See my previous mail ;)
Can I assume from what you've been saying that you've actually gotten the amanda-win32 project from sourceforce to compile properly? What about the selfcheck bug? Or sendsize crashes that were reported? these questions assume you are using amanda-win32. I've tried contacting the current maintainer with no success. All the source files are about 18 months old and CVS hasn't been touched in as long.

Also, what version of amanda have you gotten it to work with? There was a previous response from someone who couldn't get it to work on the more recent code.

=G=