Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula.db missing

2009-04-15 05:01:27
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula.db missing
From: "Chandranshu ." <chandranshu AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 14:26:23 +0530
Hi Craig,

How do I run the director in an interactive terminal? Please bear with me as I'm still new with bacula.

About the logs, they are full with following messages:
15-Apr 14:21 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: Could not open Catalog "MyCatalog", database "bacula".
15-Apr 14:21 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: mysql.c:195 Unable to connect to MySQL server.
Database=bacula User=bacula
MySQL connect failed either server not running or your authorization is incorrect.
15-Apr 14:21 bacula-dir ERROR TERMINATION
Please correct configuration file: /root/bacula/bin/bacula-dir.conf

And you're correct in saying that it's failing to start up and the process exits withing a few seconds as I have mentioned previously.

@Maria, I tried your grant command but that didn't help too. Could you please tell me what version of bacula you are on?

Thanks and regards
Chandranshu

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 2:07 PM, Craig Ringer <craig AT postnewspapers.com DOT au> wrote:
Maria McKinley wrote:

> The director is running until I try to log into bconsole, then it dies.
> It is apparently not listening on port 9101, however. What do I need to
> do to get it listening?

It's not? If it's not listening, it shouldn't react in any way when you
try to start bconsole.

Are you sure it's not just failing to start up / timing out, rather than
exiting when you start bconsole?

Is there anything in the logs? Have you tried running the director in an
interactive terminal?

--
Craig Ringer