Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula.db missing

2009-04-14 22:18:32
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula.db missing
From: Maria McKinley <maria AT shadlen DOT org>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 19:12:00 -0700
Hello,

I ran a few test runs with a new setup, but drop_mysql_tables doesn't
exist on my setup (debian lenny), so I wasn't sure how to erase the test
runs. First I tried downloading a copy of drop_mysql_tables, but it only
got rid of the pools, and I thought I also wanted to get rid of the old
jobs as well. I guess I should have left well enough alone. I found some
advice here:

http://www.nabble.com/how-to-start-over-after-test-runs.-td7194127.html

which I tried to follow. Unfortunately, I was dumb enough to remove
everything from /var/lib/bacula as recommended there, instead of just
moving it somewhere else. Nothing I have tried has managed to re-create
bacula.db. I successfully re-created the tables in MySql, and even tried
re-installing bacula-director-mysql and bacula-sd-mysql, but still no
bacula.db. What can I do now?

thanks,
maria