Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula.db missing

2009-04-15 03:45:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula.db missing
From: Maria McKinley <maria AT shadlen DOT org>
To: "Chandranshu ." <chandranshu AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 00:42:15 -0700
Chandranshu . wrote:
> No, the problem remains unsolved. I'm trying out one thing after the
> other but to no avail.

I solved it on my setup, hopefully this will work for you:

buttercup:# mysql -u root -p mysql
Enter password:

Your MySQL connection id is 194
Server version: 5.0.51a-24 (Debian)

mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON bacula.* TO bacula;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> quit
Bye

After I did this, I was able to test my config file with bacula-dir -t
-c bacula-dir.con with no problems, and could use bconsole again! No
idea why this worked, since it did not appear to do anything, but it did.

Hope this also works for you.

cheers,
maria