Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] bacula.db missing

2009-04-16 06:49:07
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] bacula.db missing
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 12:45:59 +0200
On Thursday 16 April 2009 11:26:24 Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:
> [Kern Sibbald]:
> >> [Chandranshu]:
> >
> > Yes, I would like to see the code before making any definitive
> > statement.  Generally any amount of debug code is appreciated,
> > though we would probably put something volumous or something a bit
> > unlikely on a debug of 400 or greater.  Debug of 100 is a *very*
> > small number for Bacula.  Virtually nothing is less than 100 except
> > debug code for sockets which is at 50 and possibly some debug code a
> > developer was using and forgot to increase to more than 100 ...
>
> IMHO, fatal errors like the above should be reported even with debug
> level 0.

The problem *is* reported, the question is to strike a balance between
reporting problem details and possibly adding a million lines of code that
diagnose every potential problem that could come up.  In any case, as I said,
I wait to see the code before making any definitive statement.

Regards,

Kern