Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula.db missing

2009-04-16 06:33:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula.db missing
From: "Chandranshu ." <chandranshu AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 15:56:42 +0530
Hi,

Please find attached the changed mysql.c file. Do let me know if you'd prefer the patch to the complete file as I'm not aware of the code submission practices for Bacula.

I have used Dmsg with a level of 50. Please change it as you deem appropriate. (I thought Emsg would be more appropriate but noticed that even when this function identifies that no database conenction could be established, it simply prints this with a Dmsg.)

Regards
Chandranshu

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 2:56 PM, Kjetil Torgrim Homme <kjetilho AT linpro DOT no> wrote:
[Kern Sibbald]:
>> [Chandranshu]:
>> > [I] modified the code in src/cats/mysql.c to print the error
>> > message returned by mysql_error(). Then, I compiled and ran the
>> > code to see the most dubious error in my DBA career:
>> > Error 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through
>> > socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
>
> Yes, I would like to see the code before making any definitive
> statement.  Generally any amount of debug code is appreciated,
> though we would probably put something volumous or something a bit
> unlikely on a debug of 400 or greater.  Debug of 100 is a *very*
> small number for Bacula.  Virtually nothing is less than 100 except
> debug code for sockets which is at 50 and possibly some debug code a
> developer was using and forgot to increase to more than 100 ...

IMHO, fatal errors like the above should be reported even with debug
level 0.

--
Kjetil T. Homme
Redpill Linpro AS - Changing the game