BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC as a personal backup solution?

2013-06-25 13:12:53
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC as a personal backup solution?
From: Daniel Carrera <dcarrera AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 19:11:35 +0200
Hi Les,

On 25 June 2013 18:40, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
> One other point that might matter to you is that backuppc is not great
> at handling large files that change or grow between runs.  With rsync
> it will only transfer the differences, but it ends up reconstructing a
> full copy of the new instance (a slow process) and storing it as a
> separate copy.

Yeah. I have thought about that. It is not a problem for me. My
simulation program creates a new file every so many time steps, so I
end up with many files that don't change between runs. So it is
BackupPC-friendly.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
Lord of the rings calendar in your Linux/Unix/Mac terminal:
cat /usr/share/calendar/calendar.lotr