BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Noted Observations & Complaints Using BackupPC for 5 mon

2010-04-28 22:00:40
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Noted Observations & Complaints Using BackupPC for 5 mon
From: Saturn2888 <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 21:58:43 -0400
I don't understand. Which DLLs and what versions? I use DeltaCopy and can't
imagine why I'd not need Rsyncd. Are you saying use it over mounted Samba
shares, or you're telling me to use SSH?

In DeltaCopy, I'm able to just pop in compatible Cygwin DLL files. Cygwin
itself is far too bulky and heavy-weight for me to condone putting it on 15
hosts whereas DeltaCopy, all it does, is as a GUI front-end to some Cygwin
stuff and makes it so you only need a few things, not hundreds of other GNU
programs I don't know if I do or do not need. I hardly use the GUI anymore, but
it's helpful and easier to use on an OS dominated by GUI front-ends.