BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Noted Observations & Complaints Using BackupPC for 5 mon

2010-04-28 23:36:44
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Noted Observations & Complaints Using BackupPC for 5 mon
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 22:34:37 -0500
Saturn2888 wrote:
> Yeah, but with version of the DLL is the newest one in this case that solves
> it? I refuse to install Cygwin, but I also can't seem to find that DLL on
> this page: ftp://sourceware.org/pub/cygwinports/.

You really only need to waste the dollar's worth of disk space a cygwin install
takes if you want to run unix-like scripts with all the expected tools.

> I would still need Cygwin to run an SSH server right or would I just use some
> form of PuTTY?

You need the cygwin port of openssh installed as a service instead of rsync.

> I've heard of cwRsync. Maybe they keep up-to-date DLLs unlike DeltaCopy. I
> did, at one point, switch out some DLLs and my EXE files, but that was back
> in February so I'm sure I'm behind on my cygwin1.dll and don't see a reason
> to install a full app just for one file.

They seem to update frequently:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sereds/files/cwRsync