BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Noted Observations & Complaints Using BackupPC for 5 mon

2010-04-29 03:52:22
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Noted Observations & Complaints Using BackupPC for 5 mon
From: Saturn2888 <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 03:50:41 -0400
Well I do have a Linux AD server. I also have a WinServer2008R2 for 6 months,
but it's having issues connecting into the domain for whatever reason. I was
referring to the SSH encryption. I don't recall Samba using encryption for file
transfers, just for user/pass, maybe even just pass.

Are you using the stock DeltaCopy files? Those are really aged. Here, I
uploaded you some newer files. Stop the DeltaCopy service first and put these
in. Feel free to make a copy of the old files. Tell me if these are any faster.
They should be. 22-23 hours to backup a server? That's a LONG time. The longest
I've gone was 21 hours and that was just recently during an incremental bc
BackupPC was suddenly being stupid about backing up my Windows machines because
it felt like it.

Here are newer files: http://badmarkup.com/deltacopy/