BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Here my log

2009-04-08 10:03:03
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Here my log
From: "Boniforti Flavio" <flavio AT piramide DOT ch>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 15:57:26 +0200
> > Still, there remains "auth required, but service data is
> open/insecure":
> > to what does it refer?
>
> I think that means backuppc had a password configured but the rsyncd
> server didn't ask for it.   You can test rsyncd operation
> with command
> line rsync using  '::' to separate the hostname and path.

I'm not aware of any kind of password on the rsyncd, because actually
with rsnapshot and ssh-tunnel, I'm not using any password at all.

Here my /etc/rsyncd.conf (I'm using cwRsync on Windows):

use chroot = false
strict modes = false
hosts allow = *
log file = rsyncd.log

# Module definitions
# Remember cygwin naming conventions : c:\work becomes /cygwin/c/work
#
[data]
path = /cygdrive/d/data
read only = true
transfer logging = yes

[profilo]
path = /cygdrive/d/Profilo
read only = true
transfer logging = yes

[ExchBkp]
path = /cygdrive/d/ExchBkp
read only = true
transfer logging = yes
And, actually the rsync command looks like:

/usr/bin/rsync -rtv --port=8874 --delete --ignore-errors --numeric-ids \
--delete-excluded --stats --progress localhost::Profili/

You can see that with the :: it is working...

What should I do?

Thanks again,
F.