BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Here my log

2009-04-08 06:37:07
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Here my log
From: Johan Ehnberg <johan AT ehnberg DOT net>
To: Boniforti Flavio <flavio AT piramide DOT ch>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 13:32:23 +0300
> Executing DumpPreUserCmd: /var/lib/backuppc/tunnel.sh -fC
> administrator AT mail.omv DOT ch -L 8874:127.0.0.1:873 sleep 20

The SSH tunnel is not working yet.

> full backup started for directory data
> Error connecting to rsync daemon at localhost:8874: inet connect:
> Connessione rifiutata
> Got fatal error during xfer (inet connect: Connessione rifiutata)
> Backup aborted (inet connect: Connessione rifiutata)
> Not saving this as a partial backup since it has fewer files than the
> prior one (got 0 and 0 files versus 0)
> ------------------------------
>
> If I do "ssh administrator AT mail.omv DOT ch" I get logged in without
> password
> request, therefore the key-based authentication is working.
>
> I would like to get some more detailed log about the "DumpPreUserCmd"
> (which reads: ssh $@ 1>/dev/null 2>/dev/null && echo "SSH started
> successfully.") because I don't know if the ssh tunnel effectively gets
> opened and *remains* open.
>
> How do I debug this further?

For testing, you can remove the "1>/dev/null 2>/dev/null" from the
script to see the output of SSH. Note that the backup will not proceed
like this as SSH can't be backgrounded without redirecting the output.
You could perhaps also redirect it to a file.

Then run the backup manyally using BackupPC_dump -v -f CLIENTNAME.